Day one on the Optimise Me program
My overall goal (not all is new to me, I have have improved a lot already in the past years), is that at the end of the program I would like be and feel:
- Fit: physically –> be able to run 10K 2 x per week;
- Toned/firm/strong body: Get back to my best weight (64 kg), be flexible and lift weights easily;
- Brisk: sleep 9 hours a night, going to bed around 23:00, getting up at 07:00. Find my natural rhythm;
- Write: writing on a daily basis, blogs/diary/mails etc.;
- Prosper: easily get & maintain my business goals at my highest standards so my clients and I are a 100% match and get to where we want to go together;
- Eat/drink: 100% vegan, drink 2 liters of water daily + extra tea;
- Tech/focus: do digital detox sunrise/sunset so I am less distracted and have more focus;
- Health: take my supplements daily so my ±asthma, HSP and ±ADHD are set to an acceptable level;
- Deep work: do deep work as a morning routine.
One thing I promise myself to DO as of today
One of our first goals was to start doing MORE of what works, and do LESS of what doesn’t work. So, here I go. I’ll start today by going to bed regularly around 23:00 and get up at 08.00. No more iPhone distraction at night in bed, but doing some breath work so I can fall asleep more easily. I feel super proud when I am stronger than my (digital) ‘addiction’.
One thing I promise myself to DON’T do as of today
I quit eating refined sugar long ago, but I am going to be Radically Honest here: at times I slip back to the shitty sugary foods again. Especially when I am moody. My weak spot: dropjes (Dutch candy)…goodness…I can’t stop. And sugar makes me so tired and sleepy and grumpy. It really is as bad as cocaine, as they say. Just that I don’t know cocaine by experience, luckily. So, as of today I am quitting everything that contains (anything that looks like) sugar (stevia/aspartaam/date syrop etc).
Things I learned today from the program
I installed Flux, to get my screen to use other colours during the night time, so I can fall asleep easier. Wonderful tip! I have to get used a bit on how it looks, but I know it helps me fall asleep easier. That’s my goal. It’s 22:00 at this moment and I just saw myself yawning already. Good sign!
Goodnight, sleep well, be well.
Photo: Jeremy Bishop – Unsplash